What made you want to try cannabis? For sure, it is because of the many health benefits that it promises. There are plenty of success stories you can read online regarding cannabis use. For the last decade, the popularity of CBD and the likes increased so quickly, which made it one of the most well-known alternatives to pharmaceutical drugs.
However, others are scared to give it a try because they do not know how to start. If this is you, then you have come to the right place. Whether you are using CBD oil for anxiety or other reasons, you must know what you are doing. So, here is a quick guide for you.
The Basics of Cannabis
Cannabis use existed for centuries. But because of its long prohibition, not many people know a lot about cannabis. Maybe you do not know much about it either. Since many states approved the use of medical marijuana, a lot of things changed. Here are the basics that you need to understand when starting with cannabis.
Choosing A Strain
If you look it up online, you will find that there are plenty of cannabis strains to choose from. Remember that each of these strains differs from one another. There are three notable species – Sativa, Indica, and Hybrid.
- Sativa. It is the daytime option and the best choice when you want to be active.
- Indica. If you’re going to relax, Indica is a good option. Indica can give the user a relaxed feeling, helping to unwind.
- Hybrid. As its name suggests, this is a combination of Sativa and Indica and provides the best of both worlds.
Other than the species that have been named, it would help if you also familiarize yourself with the strain names. The effects will vary for each strain. The strain name is also for marketing cannabis. The experience, every time you use a particular strain, will not be the same.
Different Ways of Consuming Cannabis
There are different ways for you to enjoy cannabis. Aside from the species and strains, it would be best if you learned the various ways to use marijuana other than smoking it.
- Oral Consumption.It is a tricky method, but it is the most effective. Oral cannabis consumption methods may include tinctures, ingestible oils, and edibles like gummies.
- Smoking. It is a traditional way to use cannabis. It is also the go-to method for those who want to try marijuana for the first time. With smoking cannabis, you can use hand pipes, one-hitters, or water pipes.
- Vaping. It is a more advanced method and became famous for the past years. You can use portable vapes, larger vapes, or dabbing- a new form of vaping that uses CBD concentrate that is heated.
- Topical. If you do not like ingesting or smoking cannabis, topical consumption is another way to enjoy it. It can come in the form of creams and salves that can help reduce inflammation.
Before you try cannabis for the first time, make sure that you have done thorough research. Buy products only from reputable sellers, especially when shopping online. It would be best if you have a thorough understanding of the product before you start using it.